How Often Should You Clean Your Carpets?
Have you ever wondered how much dirt, allergens, and grime gets caught in the carpets in
your home? Not sure the last time you got your carpets cleaned in Omaha, NE?
You might not.
Depending on your carpet, it may be difficult to see just how dirty it can get. Whatever kind you have, it’s pretty safe to say that it is holding on to quite a bit of dirt and dust. A carpet cleaning in Omaha, NE may be just what it needs!
While there are various factors that determine how often one should clean their carpets in Omaha, NE, The question remains the same for all of us; How often should you clean your carpets?
To maintain the longevity and cleanliness of your carpet, it is best to have cleaned at least once a year. However, there are other things to consider when determining how often you should clean your carpets.
- PETS: Do you have any pets?
- HIGH TRAFFIC: Do you have carpets in high-traffic areas in your home?
- ALLERGIES: Do you live with others who have allergies?
- CHILDREN: Are there any children in the house?
- PILE HEIGHT: Do you have carpets in your home with a high pile height?
- CLIMATE: High humidity and dry climates alike need special care.
There are all important factors to consider when determining how often you should clean your carpets in Omaha, NE. If you answered yes to any of these questions above, you may want to increase the frequency of getting a carpet cleaning.
While it is always best to have your carpets deeply cleaned one to two times a year, there are ways one can safely clean and maintain their carpets in the meantime.
- Clean up spills promptly
- Determine if you need to clean the spill with hot or cold water
- Using a homemade solution with a water, and small amounts of dish soap and detergent
- Dab out spills gently, avoid wiping spills
- Avoid wearing shoes inside your home
These are all great examples of maintaining your carpet between deep cleans. Not only does it keep your carpets looking nice, it also helps to keep away allergens, dirt and dust- resulting in a cleaner and better smelling home in Omaha, NE.
Having plush, medium to high pile, comfortable carpets in your home is the best feeling. However, trapping dirt, dust, allergens, and grime is not. While areas in your home with less traffic should be deep cleaned at least once a year, those with carpet in high traffic areas may consider getting it deep cleaned and vacuuming every two to three months.